So, it seems to me that I’ve been gone for a quick minute….almost. I’ve been so busy with school and work I haven’t had time to update my blog, BUTTTTTT I have been on Pinterest.
That could only mean one thing….come find me and follow me. I have over 15 thousand pins (I can safely admit I have a problem) and over 42 thousand followers. I have lots of cooking/baking boards as well as drink boards because every one loves a good beverage now and again. Plus there’s lots of other things I love!
Click the following link to check out my pinterest. If you have a pinterest you want me to check out comment below with the link. Also leave your personal pinterest and I’ll follow you
Nicole’s Pinterst :)
I haven’t been on here in a hot minute, but I wanted to wish you all a very happy and healthy 2013
One of my absolute FAVORITE blog is Undressed Skeleton on Tumblr. It’s run by Taralynn McNitt and she is absolutely fabulous. I’ve been following her blog for sometime now and it’s beyond wonderful. She’s a cupcake addict like myself, but everything does she put a healthy twist to it…I just like to eat it as it! However, I made these and they are so good. Head over to the recipe or check it out below:
- 2 Cups Whole Grain Flour
- 3 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Cup Plain Fat Free Chobani
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Baking Stevia
- 3 Large Egg Whites
- 1 Tbsp Red Food Coloring
- 1 Cup Fat Free Cream Cheese
- 1 Packet Sugar Free White Chocolate Pudding Mix
- 3 Tbsp Whole Grain Flour
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Baking Stevia
- 1 Cup Sugar Free Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder and set aside.
- In a electric mixer combine Stevia, Chobani, applesauce, butter, almond milk, vanilla, egg whites, and food coloring.
- Slowing mix in the dry ingredients.
- Fill each cupcake liner up with 1/3 cup of batter.
- Bake 20 – 25 minutes.
- In an electric mixer combine cream cheese, vanilla pudding mix and flour on high
- Turn the mixer to medium speed and add in Stevia, and cool whip until fluffy.
- Cover and cool in fridge for 30 minutes before adding to cupcakes
- Add 1/3 cup frosting to each cupcake.
In honor of Thanksgiving fastly approaching, why not make a delicious pumpkin pie cupcake for all your holiday parties. This recipe comes from Une-Deux Senses. Head on over to her site and check out the recipe or you can see the recipe below:
Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
Yields: 15 cupcakes
For the cupcakes:
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour
- 1 cups sugar
- 1/2 tbsn. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup or 1 stick unsalted butter, diced, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
For the graham cracker crust:
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsn. light brown sugar
- 3 tbsn. unsalted butter, melted
For the pumpkin pie frosting:
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 can (16 oz.) pureed pumpkin
- 2 tbsn. molasses
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsn. flour
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- The “frosting” should be made first as it takes the longest to bake and needs to cool before using. Preheat the oven to 425 F. In a medium bowl, mix together all the filling ingredients until well combined. Pour the filling into a 9-inch round pan. Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce to 350 F and continue cooking for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the filling comes out clean. Let cool completely before using.
- To make the cupcakes, preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a cupcake pan with liners, set aside. Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Add the butter and 1/4 cup of milk. Mix on medium speed until smooth, about 4 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed. In another bowl, blend the eggs, egg white, remaining 1/4 cup milk and vanilla. Add to the batter in 3 additions, mixing for 2 minutes on medium speed after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl in between additions. Set aside.
- To make the crust, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter in a medium bowl and mix well. Add 1 tbsn. of the mixture into the bottom of each cupcake liner and bake for 5 minutes until the graham crackers are golden. Remove from the oven then fill about 1/2 full with the cake batter. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely. To frost, scoop the pumpkin pie “frosting” into a piping bag and pipe onto the cupcakes.
Thank you Food Network for giving us the Neely’s. Here is an easy recipe for the Neely’s BBQ Sauce. Check out their show and make sure you check out their recipe below:
- Total Time: 1 hr 20 min
- Prep: 5 min
- Cook: 1 hr 15 min
- Yield: 3 1/2 cups
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to simmer. Cook uncovered, stirring frequently, for 1 hour 15 minutes.
Here are some of my favorite cake finds from pinterest:
Wedding cake with the poem, I Carry Your Heart, by EE Cummings.
French fry cake!
Breakfast cake: waffles, scrambled eggs, and bacon!
Nautical themed cake
Despicable Me cake! Minions, so super cute!!
Kitchen Aid cake!
Courtesy of All Day I Dream About Food ( best blog name EVER) here’s a nice recipe for grilled tomatoes with cheese, prosciutto, and basil. Check out their site and the recipe below:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 4 large beefsteak tomatoes
- 8 slices LAND O LAKES® 4 Cheese Italian Blend
- 8 slices prosciutto, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cut tomatoes in half vertically from top to bottom and cut out stem. Lay tomatoes cut-side down on preheated grill and cook 3 minutes. Carefully flip tomatoes and brush cut-side with oil mixture. Cook 3 more minutes.
- Cover each tomato half with one piece of cheese. Cover grill and cook for 1 more minute, until cheese is melted.
- Remove from grill and sprinkle each with prosciutto and chopped basil. Serve immediately.