Courtesy of All Day I Dream About Food ( best blog name EVER) here’s a nice recipe for grilled tomatoes with cheese, prosciutto, and basil. Check out their site and the recipe below:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 4 large beefsteak tomatoes
- 8 slices LAND O LAKES® 4 Cheese Italian Blend
- 8 slices prosciutto, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cut tomatoes in half vertically from top to bottom and cut out stem. Lay tomatoes cut-side down on preheated grill and cook 3 minutes. Carefully flip tomatoes and brush cut-side with oil mixture. Cook 3 more minutes.
- Cover each tomato half with one piece of cheese. Cover grill and cook for 1 more minute, until cheese is melted.
- Remove from grill and sprinkle each with prosciutto and chopped basil. Serve immediately.