Okay, I realize I haven’t been on here since the beginning of the year, but I’m about to change that. I’m in graduate school full time at NYU. I’ve been interning at a program that provides mental health services to adults and I LOVE IT. Since I’ve started I’ve been able to make tons of baked goods and share them with everyone [I’ll post all the pictures and recipes soon]. However, that’s now why I’m writing this. I’ll be participating in my first 5K on May 17th with my agency to raise money for NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness). May is Mental Health Awareness month and what better way to celebrate, then to do my first 5K. I have a personal goal of raising $100 and our team has a goal of $1,000. If you guys would be so kind, could you help me out by making any donations possible. I’ve spent over 600 hours interning with these clients and this is my way to give back. So click the link below and help donate. For every dollar donated I’ll match it!
- Strawberries, sliced
- Pineapple, cut into star shapes
- 2 bottles dry white wine
- 1 cup Triple Sec
- 1/2 Cup berry-flavored vodka
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
Combine the ingredients in a large pitcher and stir. Chill in the refrigerator for at least four hours.
1 oz. Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey
½ oz. Fireball Cinnamon Whisky
½ oz. Frangelico
Method: Add ingredients to a shaker with ice. Shake and strain into a shot glass. Top with whipped cream.
It’s been a few minutes since I’ve seen all your smiling faces. Okay, well maybe not a few minutes, but whatever. I wanted to wish you all a happy new year! Also, there’s some crazy and fun stuff coming your way in the next couple of weeks. I have lots of new recipes and much more to share!
So, it seems to me that I’ve been gone for a quick minute….almost. I’ve been so busy with school and work I haven’t had time to update my blog, BUTTTTTT I have been on Pinterest.
That could only mean one thing….come find me and follow me. I have over 15 thousand pins (I can safely admit I have a problem) and over 42 thousand followers. I have lots of cooking/baking boards as well as drink boards because every one loves a good beverage now and again. Plus there’s lots of other things I love!
Click the following link to check out my pinterest. If you have a pinterest you want me to check out comment below with the link. Also leave your personal pinterest and I’ll follow you :)
Nicole’s Pinterst :)
I haven’t been on here in a hot minute, but I wanted to wish you all a very happy and healthy 2013 :)
One of my absolute FAVORITE blog is Undressed Skeleton on Tumblr. It’s run by Taralynn McNitt and she is absolutely fabulous. I’ve been following her blog for sometime now and it’s beyond wonderful. She’s a cupcake addict like myself, but everything does she put a healthy twist to it…I just like to eat it as it! However, I made these and they are so good. Head over to the recipe or check it out below:
- 2 Cups Whole Grain Flour
- 3 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Cup Plain Fat Free Chobani
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Baking Stevia
- 3 Large Egg Whites
- 1 Tbsp Red Food Coloring
- 1 Cup Fat Free Cream Cheese
- 1 Packet Sugar Free White Chocolate Pudding Mix
- 3 Tbsp Whole Grain Flour
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Baking Stevia
- 1 Cup Sugar Free Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder and set aside.
- In a electric mixer combine Stevia, Chobani, applesauce, butter, almond milk, vanilla, egg whites, and food coloring.
- Slowing mix in the dry ingredients.
- Fill each cupcake liner up with 1/3 cup of batter.
- Bake 20 – 25 minutes.
- In an electric mixer combine cream cheese, vanilla pudding mix and flour on high
- Turn the mixer to medium speed and add in Stevia, and cool whip until fluffy.
- Cover and cool in fridge for 30 minutes before adding to cupcakes
- Add 1/3 cup frosting to each cupcake.