Visit Rock UR Party to find fun recipes like this Double Rainbow Cake Jelly Shot. Check out their site as well as the recipe below:
- Prep Time: 1 hr
- Total Time: 3 hrs
- Serving Size: 20 jelly shots
- 1 3/4 cups prepared lemonade
- 4 envelopes plain gelatin
- 1 1/4 cups cake flavored vodka (or sub vanilla or whipped cream vodka and a touch of amaretto)
- 2 tsp sweetened condensed milk (up to 4 tbsp is okay – use to sweeten to taste!)
- 6 small bowls (one for each color)
- liquid food coloring
- frosting and sprinkles, for garnish, if desired
- flexible silicone mini muffin pan (cavity volume = 3 tablespoons)
- Pour lemonade into a small saucepan and sprinkle with gelatin. Allow to soak for a minute or two.
- Heat over low, stirring constantly, until the gelatin is dissolved (about 5 minutes).
- Remove from heat, stir in the vodka and sweetened condensed milk.
- Pour 1/2 cup portions into 6 bowls. Use liquid food coloring for rainbow colors (in this case: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet). (I wanted a very vibrant rainbow, so used 4 drops of liquid food coloring for each color.)
- Prepare the mini muffin pans by spraying lightly with cooking spray and then wiping clean with a paper towel. (This will leave a slight residue which will assist in unmolding without effecting the taste or appearance of the jelly shots.)
- Spoon 3/4 teaspoon of the red gelatin mixture into the muffin pan cavities. Refrigerate until set, but still sticky when touched. (The first layer will take 20 minutes or so, subsequent layers less.) Repeat with remaining colors.
- Refrigerate overnight to allow the layers to fully bond.
- To serve, loosen around the edges of each muffin cavity and pop out the jelly shots.
- Immediately before serving, garnish with a small dollop of frosting and sprinkles if desired.