With the holidays approaching rather quickly I need to start baking once the semester ends. One of my favorite types of cookies are Lace Cookies. I’ve never made them. Courtesy of Real Simple magazine they give a simple recipe for their Lace Cookies. Check out the recipe below:
Makes 36 cookies| Hands-On Time: 10m | Total Time: 1hr 00m
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- Heat oven to 375° F.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the butter, sugars, corn syrup, and salt over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Remove from heat and mix in the flour and almonds just until incorporated.
- Drop level teaspoons of the batter onto parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing them 4 inches apart. Bake until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Cool on the baking sheets until firm, 8 to 10 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.