Considering Super Bowl is 2 days away I suppose I should post something that has to do with the big game (even though I care more about eating than the actual game). Courtesy of Martha Stewarts game day recipes, here is her All American Buffalo Chicken Tenders. Check out the recipe below:
- Prep Time25 minutes
- Total Time25 minutes
- YieldServes 4
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, such as safflower
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Place a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet, and transfer to oven. In a medium bowl, stir together blue cheese and 1/2 cup buttermilk. Season dip with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Place flour and remaining 1/2 cup buttermilk in separate medium bowls; season with salt and pepper. Set out another rimmed baking sheet alongside. Dip chicken in buttermilk (allowing excess to drip off), then in flour (shaking off excess); place on sheet.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Working in batches, fry chicken until golden brown and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to rack in oven to keep warm.
- In a large bowl, stir together hot sauce and melted butter. Add chicken, and toss to coat. Serve tenders with blue-cheese dip.
To keep mess to a minimum, use one hand to dip chicken in buttermilk and place in flour; with the other hand, toss, pick up, and place on sheet.