Courtesy of Martha Stewart, delish Buffalo Chicken Strips with a Blue Cheese Salad. Check out the recipe below:
- 45 minutes
- Total Time45 minutes
- YieldServes 4
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 to 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 1/2 cups (spooned and leveled) all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 16 equal-size strips
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- Blue Cheese Salad
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in ketchup and hot sauce. Remove from heat; cover and reserve sauce.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 3/4 teaspoon pepper. Sprinkle 1/2 cup flour mixture evenly on a rimmed baking sheet; set aside. In a shallow bowl, whisk together eggs and 2 teaspoons water.
- In small batches, dredge chicken in flour mixture, shaking off excess. Dip chicken in egg mixture to coat, shaking off excess. Dredge chicken in flour again. Place on floured sheet.
- In a large (5-quart) saucepan, heat oil to 350 degrees on a deep-fry thermometer (a pinch of flour should sizzle when dropped in the oil).
- Add half the chicken; cook until golden brown, 3 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Return oil to 350 degrees. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Toss chicken strips with reserved sauce (reheated if necessary) to coat. Serve with Blue Cheese Salad.
A deep-fry thermometer is the best way to monitor the temperature of the oil. Adjust burner heat during cooking to maintain a steady temperature.