Yes, you read right: Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cupcakes. I’m part of this fabulous website Pinterest. It’s a virtue pinboard where you can pretty much find any kind of recipe, how to, craft, party idea, even invitation ideas. I L-O-V-E it. All of my recipes have come from here along with various cook books. Recently I found this recipe.
Your Cup of Cake is by far one of the best cupcake websites out there. I found this Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cupcake recipe along with many others, but this is one that I’m most likely going to try. Check out the recipe below.
1/3 cup oil
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup sour cream
Vanilla Cake Mix (not white cake mix)
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup Cinnamon Toast Crunch, lightly crushed
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Buttercream:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups powdered sugar
2/3 cup Cinnamon Toast Crunch powder (Crush the cereal in a bag then sift out 2/3)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with 20-22 cupcake liners.
2. In a large bowl, gently combine eggs, oil, buttermilk and vanilla.
3. Mix in sour cream.
4. Add cake mix and cinnamon and mix until smooth.
5. Stir in lightly crushed cereal.
6. Fill cupcake liners ¾ full and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
7. Buttercream: Beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add Cinnamon Toast Crunch powder. Add vanilla and powdered sugar. Adjust the consistency using milk if it is too thick.
8. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with cinnamon sugar and Cinnamon Toast Crunch squares.
By the way if you’re on Pinterest too: click here to follow me