Here’s a fun easy Shirley Temple recipe from Coupon Clipping Cook. Check out their site for a step-by-step and photo instruction to this recipe and many others. Don’t forget to check out the recipe below:
Very Cherry Shirley Temple with Lime
- 12 ounces Lemon Lime Soda
- 2 teaspoons Grenadine Syrup
- 4 teaspoons Liquid from Jar of Maraschino Cherries
- 22 Maraschino Cherries with Stems
- 2 whole Limes
- Ice Cubes
- 2 pint size Mason Jars (optional)
- As an option, the mason jars can be put in the freezer about an hour before making the Shirley Temple. Just before adding the ingredients to the jars, add about 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar to a shallow bowl, turn the jars upside down, and twist the rim of the jars in the sugar.
- Cut the limes into thin wedges.
- Add about 6 maraschino cherries in each Mason jar (or tall glass).
- Next fill the Mason jars about three quarters full with ice cubes.
- Then slide the wedges of lime in between the ice cubes and the inside of the glass jar so that it looks pretty from the outside of the glass.
- Add about 3 more maraschino cherries wherever there is room in between the ice cubes.
- Add the lemon lime soda leaving about 2 inches of space at the top of the jar.
- Next add 2 teaspoons of liquid from the jar of maraschino cherries to each Mason jar.
- Then add the grenadine syrup and stir.
- Add more ice until it reaches the top of the jar.
- Top with a couple more cherries and lime wedges.